Barry B. Johnson
Barry B. Johnson is a litigation and transactional attorney with Miller Johnson Law, P.L. with an extensive background in litigation, Mr. Johnson represents lenders and individuals in Real Estate litigation matters with a particular focus on foreclosure, eviction, title, and liens. Mr. Johnson also manages an active practice transactional practice; focusing on SBA 7(a) and 504 closings and commercial real estate and asset based closings for various national and regional lenders, investors, brokers, and their affiliates.
Mr. Johnson is a graduate of Jacksonville University and Florida Coastal School of Law. While in college, Mr. Johnson played offensive guard for Jacksonville Dolphins, earning recognition in the Pioneer Football League as an All-Conference Academic performer in 2003 and 2004. He also served as president of the Feast and Folly Players.
While in law school, Mr. Johnson was an active member of the Student Bar Association and served as its Treasurer in 2007-08. He was also a member of the Sports Law Society, Republican Society, and FCSL Softball Team. Mr. Johnson received a book award for Best Trial Team in 2007.
After Law School, Mr. Johnson served as an Assistant Public Defender at Florida’s Eighth Judicial Circuit, where he honed his trial practice skills by representing indigent clients in misdemeanor and serious felony offenses. After serving as a public defender, Mr. Johnson began to develop his real estate transactional and litigation practice.
Mr. Johnson is a member of the Florida Bar, U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern District of Florida, the Real Property and Trust Section of the Florida Bar, the Seminole Inns of Court and Seminole County Bar Association. Mr. Johnson is also an active member in Rotary, serving on its Board and as Club President in 2017-18, the Small Business Resource Network (SBRN), and Community Leaders and Elected Officials (CLEO). He is currently an Alumni Board Member at Florida Coastal School of Law.
In his spare time, Mr. Johnson enjoys working out, chasing his 3 sons, and playing softball and golf. He is also a diehard Chicago Cubs fan and season ticket holder.
- Florida, 2008
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2011
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2011
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2011
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2011
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property and Trust Section
- Member, Seminole Inns of Court
- Member, Seminole County Bar Association
- Alumni Board Member, Florida Coastal School of Law
- President, Orlando Alumni Chapter of Florida Coastal School of Law
Community Associations and Memberships
- 2017-18 President, Rotary Club of Altamonte Springs
- Board Member, Rotary Club of Altamonte Springs
- Member, Small Business Resource Network
- Member, Community Leaders and Elected Officials
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Jacksonville University, B.S., History, 2005